With a new injection of funding into the company, we are now looking to significantly grow our product & engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-performance team scaling an AI HealthTech company. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building services that scale for thousands of global users, making key architectural decisions and helping move the product forward. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
The world of healthcare has never been more open to opportunity. At Re:course, our vision is to unleash the potential of the healthcare workforce and transform patient care. We exist to create experiences that change lives. Using our simulation-based skills development platform, clinicians can talk to conversational AI-powered Digital Humans in complex scenarios. By providing instant feedback anytime, anywhere, we support individuals to thrive in real-world settings, while hospitals accelerate staff learning curves to eradicate errors and inequalities in patient care. First founded by a medical doctor and PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Re:course are proud to work with the NHS, MoD, and some of the best medical schools and life sciences companies in the world. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do - we’re obsessive about potential, tenacity, transparency, and performance.
What you’ll be doing
- Make architectural decisions, design and build high-performance services and APIs
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Take responsibility and collaborate with the data and product teams to continuously improve our product, technology, processes, teamwork and effectiveness
- Work with machine learning engineers and researchers to build scalable infrastructure and frameworks from experimentation to production
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentorship for the team
- 5+ years of experience with Python (or Java) as a software engineer building and shipping production quality code
- Strong experience in developing and deploying large-scale high-performance and data-intensive services/APIs
- Experience with a number of different data storage solutions, SQL, NoSQL and Graph databases, including query performance optimisation
- Experience designing, building, and deploying production-grade cloud solution architectures in virtualized environments such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS
- Good knowledge of containerisation and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Python web frameworks and their ecosystems such as Celery and others.
- Experience developing event-driven architectures
- Understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks
- Experience with building scalable machine learning (ML) infrastructures, MLOps tools and techniques to deploy, monitor, and manage continuous model deployment pipelines
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform
- Want to grow your career in a fast-paced, low bureaucracy environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills as well as a passion and curiosity for building large-scale high-performance services - we love to explore innovative solutions.
- A team player - we're a close-knit team with various expertise areas and communication is key for us to deliver an excellent product.
- Goal-oriented and able to work well under pressure and able to meet strict deadlines
- Maintain a professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude contributing to company culture
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension and other incentives where appropriate
- Opportunity for rapid progression and personal growth
- 29 days paid holiday each year
- Equipment budget
- Flexible working culture
- Learning budget
- Spacious city centre office (our own entire floor)
- Regular company social events & getaways
Re:course is an equal opportunities employer and we pride ourselves on having a diverse team.